Dr.R Praveena |
Indian Institute of Spices Research
|22.08.2009 till date
||Cardamom Research Centre, Indian Institute of Spices Research
|Current Research Projects(Institute)
- Diversity of rhizome- root rot pathogens and their antagonists in cardamom. (PI)
- Breeding cardamom for high yield and disease resistance. (Co-PI)
- Investigations on the endophytic and rhizospheric microflora associated with cardamom and allied genera .(Co-PI)
|Current Research Projects(External)
- Outreach programme on Diagnosis and management of leaf spot diseases in field and horticultural crops. (Co-PI)
|Area of Interest
- Biological control of diseases
- Integrated Disease Management
- Diversity of fungal pathogens
- Naseema, A., Praveena, R, Nair, R.R. and Peethambaran, C.K. 2004 Fusarium pallidoroseum - for management of water hyacinth. Current Science, 86 (6): 770-771.
- Praveena, R. and Naseema, A. 2004 Host range of Fusarium pallidoresum, potential biocontrol agent of water hyacinth. Indian Phytopathology, 57 (1): 92-94.
- Praveena, R. and Naseema, A 2004 Fungi occurring on water hyacinth in Kerala. Journal of Tropical Agriculture, 42(1-2): 21-23.
- Praveena, R. and Naseema, A. 2004 Target leaf spot of water hyacinth. Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology, 34(2): 178-179.
- Praveena, R. and Kachapur, M.R. 2005 Effect of light on growth and sporulation of Pestalotia palmarum Cooke .Indian Journal of Plant Pathology, 23 (1&2) :141-142.
- Praveena, R. and Naseema, A. 2006 Biohebicidal potential of a phytotoxin produced by Fusarium pallidoroseum, a potent Biocontrol agent of water hyacinth. Indian Phytopathology, 54(4):2006.
- Praveena, R. and Naseema, A. 2008 Liquid substrates for mass multiplication of potent pathogens of water hyacinth. Indian Phytopathology, Vol 61(1).
- Life membership - Indian Phytopathological Society, IARI, New Delhi, India
- Life membership - Indian Society of Mycology and Plant Pathology, Rajasthan, India
- Life membership - Association of Plant Pathologists, Lucknow, India
- Life membership - Society for Biocontrol Advancement, Bangalore, India
- Life membership - Society for promotion of Horticulture, IIHR, Bangalore
- Life membership - Indian Society for Spices, IISR, Kozhikode